Smart Garage Door Opener
Control your garage door from your phone anytime, anywhere! With the Smart Garage Door Opener you can also use Alexa and Google Assistant to open and close your garage door on any smartphone/tablet
Inside the box you'll find
- Smart Wall Adaptor: Input: 100-240Vac 50/60Hz 0.15A max
- Smart Garage Door Opener: Input: 5Vdc/1A
The atomi Smart Garage Door Opener can be installed to control most garage door openers.
Click here to be sure yours qualifies.
Before you begin
1. Know your Wi-Fi network and password
2. Make sure your mobile device is running iOS® 8 or higher or Android™ 4.1× or higher
3. Make sure you’re connected to a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network (atomi Smart can’t connect to 5GHz networks).
1. Bring the Smart Garage Door Opener close to your router
2. Slide and remove the backing of the Smart Garage Door Opener
3. Plug the micro-USB cable into the Smart Garage Door Opener and slide the backing back on
4. Plug the USB into the Smart Wall Adaptor and plug the Smart Wall Adaptor into your wall outlet
Connecting Your Device
Step 1: Download App
Download the atomi smart app from the App Store or Google Play and create an account. If you already have the app installed, please make sure to check for any updates as they will improve your experience with the atomi smart app.
Step 2: Add Device
1. Confirm that the blue indicator light is flashing. If not, press and hold the Wi-Fi button for 10 seconds or unplug and plug the device again.
2. Select “Add Device” or click (+) at the top right corner of the devices screen.
3. Choose “Smart Garage Door Opener” from the device list and press ‘Continue’.
Step 4: Connecting to Wi-Fi
1. Enter your Wi-Fi network and password. Press ‘Confirm’.
2. Press ‘Go to Connect’. On your phone’s Wi-Fi screen, select ‘atomi-smart-xxxx’
3. Once it connects, return to the atomi smart app.
4. Your device is now connected.
For iOS: After connecting to the atomi-smart-xxxx, return to the app by pressing ‘atomi smart’ on the top left part of the screen, or by switching back to the atomi smart window
For Android: After connecting to the atomi-smart-xxxx, some devices may display a message informing that you are “Connected without internet”. Please ignore this message and return to the app by pressing the back button on the bottom navigation bar (Do not press the back button on the top left part of the screen as this will bring you bag to the ‘Settings’ page instead of the atomi smart app)
IMPORTANT: If you cannot see the ‘atomi-smart-xxxx’, press and hold the Wi-Fi button again for another 10 seconds and refresh your Wi-Fi list. The ‘atomi-smart-xxxx’ network should appear after a few seconds.
NOTE: If you still cannot see the atomi-smart-xxxx on your list, you may have an older model of our smart product that will require you to press and hold the Wi-Fi button another time until it starts blinking slowly.
1. Now that you have initiated a Wi-Fi connection, unplug the Smart Power Adaptor from the outlet and bring the Smart Garage Door Opener to your garage
2. Locate your existing garage door opener panel and loosen it from the wall. Your garage door opener panel should now be hanging and you should be able to see the module at the back of it.
3. Connect the white and red wires running from the Smart Garage Door Opener to the corresponding screw on the back of your garage door opener panel i.e. white to white and red to red
4. Secure the garage door opener panel back to the wall and position your Smart Garage Door Opener right above it
5. Use the screws included in your product packaging to secure the Smart Garage Door Opener’s backing onto the wall
6. Plug the Smart Power Adaptor into your desired wall outlet
7. Adjust and position the camera on your Smart Garage Door Opener and test the view on the atomi smart app to make sure you are happy with the facing angle
8. Testing the device:
a) Open the app, choose “Smart Garage Door Opener” and press the light icon button. Check if the device light is turning ON/OFF.
b) Press the camera icon button. You should receive a notification with the captured photo.
c) Slide up the switch to open your garage door. Check if your garage door is opening.
d) Slide down the switch to close your garage door. Check if your garage door is opening.
If you have problems with any of these steps, see our FAQs section on this guide or visit atomismart.com for more information.
Controlling your Smart Garage Door Opener
Garage Door Illustration – Shows the current status of your garage door
Switch – Slide Up/Down to Open and Close your garage door
Light – Turns camera light ON/OFF on the device
Camera – Capture photo of your garage door
Schedule – Set schedules to Open/Close your garage door
Countdown – Set a countdown to Open/Close your garage door
Activity – View recent captured photos of your garage door
Resync – Manually adjusts door status
Time – Select the time to run the schedule
Repeat – Select what days of the week to repeat the schedule
Note – Receive a notification once the action occurs
Notification – Enable/Disable notification
Activate Garage Door – Confirms that Schedule is active (Always On)
Set a countdown to Open/Close your garage door
View recent captured photos of your garage door
FAQ & Troubleshooting
Make sure your atomi smartdevice is plugged in and the Wi-Fi light is blinking. If not, unplug your atomi smart device and plug it back in to reboot. If you still cannot see the ‘atomi-smart-xxxx’, press and hold the Wi-Fi button for 10 seconds. Note: For older devices, you may be required to press and hold the Wi-Fi button again for another 10 seconds. The atomi-smart-XXXX should appear on your network list after a few seconds.
Use your smartphone to confirm that you have at least two Wi-Fi bars in the vicinity of your atomi smart device. If not, move your atomi smart device closer to your router. (The list will refresh every 10 seconds).
Make sure you entered the correct WiFi password during the WiFi setup. Check if there are problems with your internet connection. If the WiFi signal is too weak, reset your WiFi router and try again.
Refresh the device list.
Force quit and re-launch the atomi smartapp.
Press and hold the Wi-Fi button for 10 seconds.
Check that the red and white wires running from the Smart Garage Door Opener are properly connected to the garage door opener panel. Make sure each wire corresponds to its respective color on the module at the back of the garage door opener panel i.e red to red and white to white.
Wi-Fi networks come in a lot of shapes and sizes with many quirks of their own. It doesn’t mean your atomi smart device is malfunctioning.
If problems persist, please try these steps, in this order:
1. Force quit and re-launch the atomi smart app. Check to see if this fixes the issue.
2. Unplug your atomi smart device and plug it back in. Check to see if this fixes the issue.
3. Unplug your router and plug it back in. Check to see if this fixes the issue.
4. Delete and reinstall the atomi smart app. Check to see if this fixes the issue.
Click here to see all models that are compatible with the Smart Garage Door Opener
On the atomi smart app, go to Me > Settings > Push Notifications and slide the bar to turn on push notifications.
Still have questions?
Create a ticket on our Support page. Our team is available to help, Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm (EST)