Smart Color String Lights
The atomi Smart Color String Lights are perfect for any occasion! Control your String lights using Alexa, Google Assistant or customize them with any mobile device.
Inside the box you'll find
- Overall Length: 24ft / 36ft / 48ft
- Number of Sockets: 12 / 18 / 24
- Bulbs Included : 12 / 18 / 24
- Volts: 125
- Max Wattage: 432
- Bulb Waage (each): 0.5
- Cord Color: Black Bulb
- Color: RGB
Before you begin
1. Know your Wi-Fi network and password
2. Make sure your mobile device is running iOS® 8 or higher or Android™ 4.1× or higher
3. Make sure you’re connected to a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network (atomi Smart can’t connect to 5GHz networks).
1. Carefully unpack Smart Color String Lights from the box.
2. Before installing, plug the Smart Color String Lights into an outlet to ensure all lights work properly.
Installing by Structure
Connect securely to structure at the beginning, middle and end of each string light.
Installing by Guide Wire
Attach ring at the back of every bulb holder using a S-hook or cable tie (not included).
Connecting Your Device
Step 1: Download App
Download the atomi smart app from the App Store or Google Play and create an account. If you already have the app installed, please make sure to check for any updates as they will improve your experience with the atomi smart app.
Step 2: Adding Your Device
1. Select “Add Device” or click (+) at the top right corner of the devices screen.
2. Select “Smart Color String Lights” from the device list and press ‘Continue’.
Step 3: Connecting to Wi-Fi
1. Enter your Wi-Fi network (2.4 GHz only) and password
2. Press ‘Continue’
Step 4: Plug In
Plug your atomi Smart String Lights into any standard grounded outlet.
Step 5: Connecting Your Device
1. Confirm that the lights are flashing red. If not, press and hold the power button for 10 seconds or unplug and plug the device again
2. Press ‘Continue’
3. Read the instructions on your phone screen and press ‘Go to Connect’
4. On your phone’s Wi-Fi screen, select ‘atomi-smart-xxxx’
5. Once it connects, return to the Atomi Smart app and wait for the installation to be completed
iOS: After connecting to the atomi-smart-xxxx, return to the app by pressing ‘Atomi Smart’ on the top left part of the screen, or by switching back to the atomi smart window
Android: After connecting to the atomi-smart-xxxx, some devices may display a message informing that you are “Connected without internet”. Please ignore this message and return to the app by pressing the back button on the bottom navigation bar (Do not press the back button on the top left part of the screen as this may bring you back to the ‘Settings’ page instead of the Atomi Smart app)
Your device is now connected!
IMPORTANT: If you cannot see the ‘atomi-smart-xxxx’, press and hold the power button again for another 10 seconds and refresh your Wi-Fi list. The ‘atomi-smart-xxxx’ network should appear after a few seconds.
NOTE: If you still cannot see the atomi-smart-xxxx on your list, you may have an older model of our smart product that will require you to press and hold the power button another time until it starts blinking slowly.
Controlling your Smart String Lights
ON/OFF – Press ‘Power’ to turn ON/OFF your Smart String Lights
Tunable White – Adjust between warm and cool light
Slider – Increase or decrease bulb brightness
Color Wheel – Broad spectrum of colors to create the perfect ambiance.
Color Swatches – Add swatches to quickly access your favorite colors
Slider 1 – Increase or decrease bulb brightness
Slider 2 – Change color saturation
Select curated color scenes based on your mood. Press and hold on ‘Pick 2’ to edit the scene colors.
Create custom light scene with 2 colors
– Press and hold the ‘Pick 2’ button to edit the scene
Tip: For ‘White”, set saturation to 0
1. Press the ‘Edit’ button (3 dots) at the top right corner of your screen.
2. Press ‘Create Group’, select the devices you wish to be included and press ‘Confirm’. You can now control your lights simultaneously
FAQ & Troubleshooting
In order to successfully connect Atomi Smart devices, a 2.4GHz connection is required.
The 2.4GHz frequency waves travel further than the 5GHz. This means that if your device is in another room or far from your phone, you will have a better signal reception (compared to 5Ghz) which is essential for your smart device to function correctly and stay online.
All modern routers come with 2.4GHz and 5GHz. Depending on your router type, these bands may appear as separate WiFi networks (Example: Name-2.4GHz and Name-5GHz) or combined. If you only have one WiFi network, you should still be able to connect since the Atomi Smart app automatically finds the 2.4GHz frequency when connecting to your router.
However, if you experience any issues, please follow the points below:
– Make sure that you are connecting to a 2.4GHz network
– Keep your mobile device close to the router during connection
– If you have two SSID for your WiFi (Example: Name-2.4GHz / Name-5GHz), please temporarily disable “Auto-Join” on your Name-5GHz network)
– If you have two SSID for your WiFi, make sure that your 2.4GHz and 5GHz WiFi have different names
– If your router gives the option to disable the 5GHz network, please disable it temporarily
– Disable any VPN apps/services in order to connect successfully
– If you are having issues to connect, turn on Airplane Mode (Keep only WiFi activated when connecting your smart device)
– Make sure that you’ve entered the correct password for your 2.4GHz WiFi on the “Select 2.4GHz Wi-Fi Network” screen (Case sensitive, and make sure that there are no extra spaces)
– If you have too many devices connected to your 2.4GHz (more than 10), please turn off some of them temporarily and retry connecting your smart device to the app
– If you have a Mesh router, you may not be able to manually switch to a 2.4GHz frequency. Since this frequency travels further than the 5Ghz, you can force your device to connect to it by moving your phone far from the router
– If you are still experiencing issues to connect, delete the app and reinstall it
– If the issue persists, restart your router
Make sure your atomi smartdevice is plugged in and the lights are blinking. If not, unplug your atomi smart device and plug it back in to reboot. If you still have issues, press and hold the power button for 10 seconds. Note: For older devices, you may be required to press and hold the power button again for another 10 seconds. The atomi-smart-XXXX should appear on your network list after a few seconds.
Use your smartphone to confirm that you have at least two Wi-Fi bars in the vicinity of your atomi smart device. If not, move your atomi smart device closer to your router. (The list will refresh every 10 seconds).
Make sure you entered the correct WiFi password during the WiFi setup. Check if there are problems with your internet connection. If the WiFi signal is too weak, reset your WiFi router and try again.
Refresh the device list.
Force quit and re-launch the atomi smartapp.
Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds.
Wi-Fi networks come in a lot of shapes and sizes with many quirks of their own. It doesn’t mean your atomi smart device is malfunctioning.
If problems persist, please try these steps, in this order:
1. Force quit and re-launch the atomi smart app. Check to see if this fixes the issue.
2. Unplug your atomi smart device and plug it back in. Check to see if this fixes the issue.
3. Unplug your router and plug it back in. Check to see if this fixes the issue.
4. Delete and reinstall the atomi smart app. Check to see if this fixes the issue.
Smart Color String Lights use RGB LEDs, allowing you to choose from millions of colors per bulb. Using the atomi smart app on your smart device, you can choose the exact color(s) you want for your color sequence
In order to connect multiple lights and control with the atomi smart app you are required to create a group.
– On the atomi smart app, select one of the lights that you’ve added
– Press the top right button (3 dots)
– Press “Create Group” and select the lights you want to group
– Press “Save”. You can now control all your Smart String Lights simultaneously.
Still have questions?
Create a ticket on our Support page. Our team is available to help, Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm (EST)