Smart Spot Lights
The Atomi Smart LED Color-Changing Spot Lights are an attractive and useful addition to any home. With a tunable white light range, a spectrum of 16 million colors, and 400-lumen brightness, they’re perfect for everyday use and special occasions. Stake them in your front driveway, around your back patio, or throughout your garden.
– 12W power adapter
– Material: Aluminum+PC
– Light Source: RGB + CW, single lamp 10W
– 400 lumens Input: 120V ,60HZ ,0.2A
– Output: 12V, max. 1A
– IP65 for outdoor use (Spot Lights)
– Connects up to 40 spot lights
Before You Begin Installation
1. Check if all lights have power. (See images below for details about cables and maximum distance between bridge/lights*). Then unplug the lights.
2. Make sure your mobile device is running iOS® 8 or higher or Android™ 4.1× or higher
3. Know your Wi-Fi network and password
4. Make sure you’re connected to a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network (Atomi Smart can’t connect to 5GHz networks)
5. Confirm that your phone’s Bluetooth is enabled
*IMPORTANT: The Smart Spot Lights communicate via Bluetooth Mesh Networking.
Each spot light acts as an antenna to transmit their signal between them and to the Smart Bridge.
Make sure that the closest spot light is not too far from the Smart Bridge (Maximum distance is 30-35ft). Walls and other obstacles will interfere with the signal strength. If you are experiencing connection issues, please move the Smart Bridge somewhere closer to the lights.
Connecting Your Devices
Step 1: Download App
Download the Atomi Smart app from the App Store or Google Play and create an account.
Confirm that your phone’s Bluetooth is enabled and that you are allowing the Atomi Smart app to access Bluetooth.
If you already have the app installed, please make sure to check for any updates as they will improve your experience with the Atomi Smart app.
Step 2: Plug In the Smart Bridge
1. Plug the Smart Bridge into the USB Wall Charger, and plug it into the outlet.
Tip: Place the Smart Bridge as close as possible to your lights to avoid any connection issues.
(NOTE: Only the Smart Bridge should be plugged in at this point. Keep your Spot Lights unplugged from the power outlet)
2. Confirm that the Smart Bridge indicator is flashing orange, and that the blue indicator is solid.
If the indicator is not flashing, press and hold the bridge’s button for 5 seconds. The orange indicator should start flashing after a few seconds.
Step 3: Add Smart Bridge to the app
1. Confirm that your phone’s Bluetooth is enabled.
2. Then, open the Atomi Smart app, press “Add Device” or the “+” button
3. A popup should appear. Press “Connect device”
If the popup did not appear, confirm that the Smart Bridge’s indicator is flashing orange. Then, close the Atomi Smart app and follow the steps above again. If it still fails to appear, select “Smart Bridge (Spot Lights)” on the device list and follow the on-screen instructions.
4. Press the ‘+’ button
Step 4: Connecting to Wi-Fi
Now that the app found your Smart Bridge, the next step is to connect it to your WiFi network.
1. Enter your home Wi-Fi network and password (2.4GHz only). Press ‘Continue’.
2. Your Smart Bridge is connected!
Step 5: Add Smart Spot Lights to your Smart Bridge
Now that you’ve added the Smart Bridge to the app, you can now add the Smart Spot Lights
1. On the Atomi Smart home screen, select the Smart Bridge that you’ve just added. The screen should look like the image below.
2. Plug your Smart Spot Lights into the power outlet and confirm that the lights are flashing white. If not, press and hold each light’s power button for 10s to reset them. (Make sure all lights are flashing).
Tip: During setup, all spot lights should be as close as possible to the Smart Bridge. If one or more lights are not connecting it’s recommended to temporarily bring your Smart Bridge closer to them to avoid any signal issues. Once connected you can return the Smart Bridge to the original location.
Alternatively, you can connect the lights directly via Bluetooth (the same way you did for the Smart Bridge), then select ‘Add existing device’ via the Smart Bridge
3. Select “Add new device” and follow the on-screen instructions to add the Smart Spot Lights.
4. Your Smart Spot Lights are now connected! Want to control multiple lights simultaneously? Please see below the “Creating a Group” section.
If your lights failed to connect, close the Atomi Smart app and unplug the Smart Spot Lights. Plug them back into the outlet and confirm that they are flashing white. Repeat the steps above.
Tip: If the Smart Spot Lights were already connected when you installed the Smart Bridge during “Step 2”, press “Add existing device”, and select all the available Spot Lights to be added to your Smart Bridge.
Controlling your Smart Spot Lights
Power – Press ‘Power’ to turn ON/OFF your Smart Spot Light
Timer – Add a timer to turn on/off your Smart Spot Light
Brightness – Change your Smart Spot Light intensity
White Wheel – Change white temperature
Color Wheel – Broad spectrum of colors to create the perfect ambiance
Slider 1 – Increase or decrease light brightness
Slider 2 – Change color saturation
Select curated color scenes based on your mood.
Animated Scene Presets
Soft – Fades in and out between 2 colors
Colorful – Cycles between preset colors (Slow)
Dazzling – Cycles between preset colors (Fast)
Gorgeous – Fades between preset colors
* You can also edit any of the available scenes by pressing the ‘Edit’ button.
Time – Select the time to run the schedule
Repeat – Select what days of the week to repeat the schedule
Note – Adds a note/label to the schedule
Notification – Enable to receive a notification every time the schedule runs
Power – Select to turn ON or OFF the light
Hint: Create a group to schedule all of your spot lights to turn On/Off together. Learn more on the ‘Creating Groups’ section
More information about Creating Schedules is available here
You can also use smart automations to create advanced schedules. Click here to learn more.
Setting automations for Sunset/Sunrise
You can also create automations to turn on/off your lights based on your location’s sunset/sunrise time. This can be achieved using any of the 3 methods below:
Method 1: Scheduling via the Atomi Smart app
1. Go to the Atomi Smart app home screen and press ‘Smart Scenes’
2. Select ‘Automation’ and press the ‘+’ button
3. Press ‘Climate’ and select ‘Sunset/Sunrise’
4. Enter your City and select ‘Sunset’. Here you can add an offset to your automation (Example: turn on lights 10 minutes before sunset)
5. Press ‘Continue’
6. Press ‘Execute Device Action’ and select your smart spot light device or group (learn more about creating groups on the next section of this page or visit our Creating groups page)
7. Select ‘Power’ and choose your action (On or Off). You can also set the brightness and color temperature.
8. Press ‘Continue’. Review your Automation details and press ‘Save’.
For more Trigger & Automation instructions, visit our Trigger & Automations page
Method 2: Scheduling via the Alexa app
1. Open the Alexa app
2. Select ‘More’ and press ‘Routines’
3. Press the ‘+’ button
4. Enter a name for your routine and select ‘When this happens’
5. Press ‘Schedule’ and select Sunrise or Sunset
6. Enter your Location, Time Offset and days of the week to repeat. Press ‘Next’
7. Press ‘Add action’ and select ‘Smart Home’
8. Select your smart spot light device or group
9. Press ‘Power’ and set it to turn on or off based on your goal. Press ‘Next’ and ‘Save’
Method 3: Scheduling via the Google Home app
1. Open the Google Home app
2. Select ‘Routines’
3. Press the ‘+’ button
4. Select ‘+ Add starter’, press ‘Sunrise/sunset’ and select between Sunrise or Sunset
5. Enter your Location, Time Offset and days of the week to repeat. Press ‘Done’
6. Press ‘+ Add action’ and select ‘Adjust Home devices’
7. Click on the arrow next to ‘Adjust lights, plugs, and more’
8. Set the desired action for your devices (Example: turn on Spot Lights) and press ‘Done’
9. Confirm that the checkbox for ‘Adjust lights, plugs, and more’ is checked. Press ‘Done’
Creating Groups to control multiple lights together
The Atomi Smart app lets you group devices to control multiple spot lights simultaneously.
1. Make sure that all of your Smart Spot Lights are online, powered ON and connected to the Smart Bridge / app
2. Press the ‘Edit’ button (Pencil Icon) at the top right corner of one of the Smart Spot Lights’ app screen.
3. Press ‘Create Group’ and select the devices you wish to be included. Press ‘Save’. You can now control your lights simultaneously.
FAQ & Troubleshooting
During the initial setup, all spot lights should be as close as possible to the Smart Bridge. It’s recommended to bring your Smart Bridge near the lights to avoid any signal issues. Once connected you can return the Smart Bridge to your desired location.
For example: If you were able to connect Spot Light 1 and Spot Light 2 but is having problems with Spot Light 3 and Spot Light 4, it could be a signal/range issue (See image below for reference).
1. Unplug the Smart Bridge from the current location and bring it as close as possible to the spot lights 3 and 4
2. Plug the Smart Bridge and wait a few seconds until it’s back online.
3. Confirm that the spot lights you want to add are flashing white. If not, press and hold the power button for 10 seconds.
4. Select your Smart Bridge on the Atomi Smart app home screen and press ‘Add New Device’. The spot lights 3 and 4 should now be detected. (If the lights were already added before, you can select ‘Add Existing Device’)
5. Once the lights are connected you can unplug your Smart Bridge, return it to the original location and plug it in again. Wait a few seconds until it’s back online.
6. You can now control your spot lights.
– Open the Atomi Smart app and select one of the spot lights that you’ve added
– Press the top right button (Pencil icon)
– Press “Create Group” and select all the lights you want to group
– Press “Save”. You can now control all your Smart Spot Lights simultaneously
Yes, the spot lights are waterproof (IP65)
No, the Smart Bridge is meant to be kept in a dry space (indoors)
– Confirm that the Smart Bridge is powered on and that the blue/orange indicators are solid
– Make sure that you’ve added the lights to the Smart Bridge
– Confirm that you have at least 1 spot light near the Smart Bridge (maximum distance is 30-35ft indoors, and 100ft outdoors)
– Move the Smart Bridge somewhere closer to the spot lights. Walls and other obstacles will interfere with the Bluetooth signal strength.
– The lights will not work properly if they are not added to the Smart Bridge
“Alexa, turn on [device name]”
“Alexa, turn off [device name]”
“Alexa, change [device name] to blue”
“Alexa, change [device name] to 50%”
“Hey Google, turn on [device name]”
“Hey Google, turn off [device name]”
“Hey Google, change [device name] to blue”
“Hey Google, change [device name] to 50%”
Yes, cords can be buried.
Please click here to learn more about device/group sharing. Only ‘Method 2’ is supported for Smart Spot Lights and Smart Bridge
Make sure that your spot lights were added to the Smart Bridge.
- Connect the Smart Bridge to the Atomi Smart app
- If you already have the spot lights connected to the app, open the Smart Bridge, press ‘Add existing devices’ and select the device(s) to add. Then, press ‘Confirm’
- If not, select ‘Add new device’ on the Smart Bridge page and follow the on-screen instructions
In order to successfully connect Atomi Smart devices, a 2.4GHz connection is required.
The 2.4GHz frequency waves travel further than the 5GHz. This means that if your device is in another room or far from your phone, you will have a better signal reception (compared to 5Ghz) which is essential for your smart device to function correctly and stay online.
All modern routers come with 2.4GHz and 5GHz. Depending on your router type, these bands may appear as separate WiFi networks (Example: Name-2.4GHz and Name-5GHz) or combined. If you only have one WiFi network, you should still be able to connect since the Atomi Smart app automatically finds the 2.4GHz frequency when connecting to your router.
However, if you experience any issues, please follow the points below:
– Make sure that you are connecting to a 2.4GHz network
– Keep your mobile device close to the router during connection
– If you have two SSID for your WiFi (Example: Name-2.4GHz / Name-5GHz), please temporarily disable “Auto-Join” on your Name-5GHz network)
– If you have two SSID for your WiFi, make sure that your 2.4GHz and 5GHz WiFi have different names
– If your router gives the option to disable the 5GHz network, please disable it temporarily
– Disable any VPN apps/services in order to connect successfully
– If you are having issues to connect, turn on Airplane Mode (Keep only WiFi activated when connecting your smart device)
– Make sure that you’ve entered the correct password for your 2.4GHz WiFi on the “Select 2.4GHz Wi-Fi Network” screen (Case sensitive, and make sure that there are no extra spaces)
– If you have too many devices connected to your 2.4GHz (more than 10), please turn off some of them temporarily and retry connecting your smart device to the app
– If your router does not allow you to manually select to a 2.4GHz frequency, you may need to perform a few extra steps. Since the 2.4GHz frequency travels further than the 5GHz, you can force your device to connect to it by moving your phone far from the router. More details available on the Connection Troubleshooting page
– If you are still experiencing issues to connect, delete the app and reinstall it
– If the issue persists, restart your router
Use your smartphone to confirm that you have at least two Wi-Fi bars in the vicinity of your Atomi Smart device. If not, move your Atomi Smart device closer to your router. (The list will refresh every 10 seconds).
No. Without the bridge the lights will have several limitations such as:
- Limited range of control (Bluetooth only)
- Slower response time
- The scheduling feature is not available
- No Alexa/Google commands
Adding your Smart Spot Lights to the Smart Bridge is essential to have access to all app/device features.
Make sure you entered the correct WiFi password during the WiFi setup. Check if there are problems with your internet connection. If the WiFi signal is too weak, reset your WiFi router and try again.
Smart Bridge: Make sure that your phone’s Bluetooth is turned ON and the permission settings are allowing the app to connect via Bluetooth.
Smart Spot Lights: Press and hold the “Power” button until the light starts flashing to reset your device
Refresh the device list.
Force quit and re-launch the Atomi Smartapp.
Smart Bridge: Press and hold the Bridge’s button for a few seconds until indicator lights start flashing. The Bridge will be ready to connect once the blue indicator is solid and the orange is flashing.
Smart Spot Lights: Press and hold the Power button on each light to reset your Smart Spot Lights. The lights should start flashing white.
Still have questions?
Create a ticket on our Support page. Our team is available to help, Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm (EST)