Smart Shop Light
Control your Shop Light from your phone anytime, anywhere! Ideal for garages, basements, work areas, utility rooms and recreational rooms. Control your Smart Shop Lights using Alexa, Google Assistant or customize them with any smartphone/tablet in the Atomi Smart app. You can connect and link up to 10 lights.
Inside the box you'll find
Before you begin
1. Know your Wi-Fi network and password
2. Make sure your mobile device is running iOS® 8 or higher or Android™ 4.1× or higher
3. Make sure you’re connected to a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network (Atomi Smart can’t connect to 5GHz networks).
4. Before installing, plug the Smart Shop Light into the outlet to ensure it is working properly.
Option A: Pendant Mounted
NOTE: The unit is intended to be installed directly beneath a ceiling-mounted receptacle. If there is excess cord, bind with string or a cable tie to keep it out of work space. IMPORTANT: Unplug the Smart Shop Light prior to mounting
Attach the Ceiling Hooks
Choose the desired location of light fixture making sure it is within reach of an outlet. Use a pencil to place a mark on the ceiling where each ceiling hook (part CC) should go. Screw hooks in place until secure.
Suspended to Ceiling
1 – Hook the “S” hooks (Part BB) into each of the holes on both sides of the Smart Shop Light
2 – Hook the hanging chains (Part AA) into each of the ceiling hooks (Part CC).
Option B: Surface Mounted
Attach the Ceiling Hooks
1 – Drill a 1/4 inch pilot hole into the marked screw locations
2 – Insert wall anchors (Parts DD)
3 – Start the wood screws (Part EE) but do not tighten fully
4 – Slide the fixture over until the narrow legs of the keyhole slots are under the heads of the wood screws (Part EE)
Secure the Fixture
Drill a 1/4 inch pilot hole nearby the fixture’s receptacle. Insert wall anchors (Part DD) and tighten the wood screws (parts EE)
Connecting Your Device
Step 1: Download App
Download the Atomi Smart app from the App Store or Google Play and create an account. If you already have the app installed, please make sure to check for any updates as they will improve your experience with the Atomi Smart app.
Step 2: Adding Your Device
1. Select “Add Device” or click (+) at the top right corner of the devices screen.
2. Select “Smart Shop Light” from the device list.
Step 3: Connecting to Wi-Fi
1. Enter your Wi-Fi network (2.4 GHz only) and password
2. Press ‘Continue’
Step 4: Plug In
Plug your Atomi Smart Shop Light into any standard grounded outlet.
Step 5: Connecting Your Device
1. Confirm that the lights are flashing. If not, pull the chain down and hold for 10 seconds or unplug and plug the device again.
2. Press ‘Continue’
3. Read the instructions on your phone screen and press ‘Go to Connect’
4. On your phone’s Wi-Fi screen, select ‘atomi-smart-xxxx’
5. Once it connects, return to the Atomi Smart app and wait for the installation to be completed
iOS: After connecting to the atomi-smart-xxxx, return to the app by pressing ‘Atomi Smart’ on the top left part of the screen, or by switching back to the Atomi Smart window
Android: After connecting to the atomi-smart-xxxx, some devices may display a message informing that you are “Connected without internet”. Please ignore this message and return to the app by pressing the back button on the bottom navigation bar (Do not press the back button on the top left part of the screen as this may bring you back to the ‘Settings’ page instead of the Atomi Smart app)
Your device is now connected!
IMPORTANT: If you cannot see the ‘atomi-smart-xxxx’, pull the chain down again and hold for another 10 seconds. Refresh your Wi-Fi list. The ‘atomi-smart-xxxx’ network should appear after a few seconds.
NOTE: If you still cannot see the atomi-smart-xxxx on your list, you may have an older model of our smart product that will require you to pull the chain down and hold again until it starts blinking slowly.
Controlling your Smart Shop Light
Power – Press ‘Power’ to turn ON/OFF your Smart Shop Light
Create a timer to power on/off your Smart Shop Light
Select the status that the light should be when a power outage occurs.
If you choose ‘Remember last status’ the light will remember if it was ON or OFF before unplugging or power outage.
Time – Select the time to run the schedule
Repeat – Select what days of the week to repeat the schedule
Note – Adds a note/label to the schedule
Power – Select to turn ON or OFF the light
More information about Creating Schedules is available here
You can also use automations to create additional schedules. Click here to learn more.
In order to connect multiple lights and control with the Atomi Smart app you are required to create a group
1. Press the ‘Edit’ button (pencil icon) at the top right corner of your screen.
2. Press ‘Create Group’, select the devices you wish to be included and press ‘Confirm’. You can now control your lights simultaneously.
FAQ & Troubleshooting
“Alexa, turn on [device name]”
“Alexa, turn off [device name]”
“Hey Google, turn on [device name]”
“Hey Google, turn off [device name]”
In order to successfully connect Atomi Smart devices, a 2.4GHz connection is required.
The 2.4GHz frequency waves travel further than the 5GHz. This means that if your device is in another room or far from your phone, you will have a better signal reception (compared to 5Ghz) which is essential for your smart device to function correctly and stay online.
All modern routers come with 2.4GHz and 5GHz. Depending on your router type, these bands may appear as separate WiFi networks (Example: Name-2.4GHz and Name-5GHz) or combined. If you only have one WiFi network, you should still be able to connect since the Atomi Smart app automatically finds the 2.4GHz frequency when connecting to your router.
However, if you experience any issues, please follow the points below:
– Make sure that you are connecting to a 2.4GHz network
– Keep your mobile device close to the router during connection
– If you have two SSID for your WiFi (Example: Name-2.4GHz / Name-5GHz), please temporarily disable “Auto-Join” on your Name-5GHz network)
– If you have two SSID for your WiFi, make sure that your 2.4GHz and 5GHz WiFi have different names
– If your router gives the option to disable the 5GHz network, please disable it temporarily
– Disable any VPN apps/services in order to connect successfully
– If you are having issues to connect, turn on Airplane Mode (Keep only WiFi activated when connecting your smart device)
– Make sure that you’ve entered the correct password for your 2.4GHz WiFi on the “Select 2.4GHz Wi-Fi Network” screen (Case sensitive, and make sure that there are no extra spaces)
– If you have too many devices connected to your 2.4GHz (more than 10), please turn off some of them temporarily and retry connecting your smart device to the app
– If you have a Mesh router, you may not be able to manually switch to a 2.4GHz frequency. Since this frequency travels further than the 5GHz, you can force your device to connect to it by moving your phone far from the router
– If you are still experiencing issues to connect, delete the app and reinstall it
– If the issue persists, restart your router
Make sure your Atomi Smartdevice is plugged in and the lights are blinking. If not, unplug your Atomi Smart device and plug it back in to reboot. If you still have problems, pull the chain down and hold for 10 seconds to reset it. Note: For older devices, you may be required to pull the chain down again and hold it for another 10 seconds. The atomi-smart-XXXX should appear on your network list after a few seconds.
Check wires to ensure proper connections. Make sure your breaker is on and test another working electrical device to make sure it is receiving power
Use your smartphone to confirm that you have at least two Wi-Fi bars in the vicinity of your Atomi Smart device. If not, move your Atomi Smart device closer to your router. (The list will refresh every 10 seconds).
Make sure you entered the correct WiFi password during the WiFi setup. Check if there are problems with your internet connection. If the WiFi signal is too weak, reset your WiFi router and try again.
Refresh the device list.
Force quit and re-launch the Atomi Smartapp.
Pull the chain down and hold it for 10 seconds. The lights should start flashing.
Wi-Fi networks come in a lot of shapes and sizes with many quirks of their own. It doesn’t mean your Atomi Smart device is malfunctioning.
If problems persist, please try these steps, in this order:
1. Force quit and re-launch the Atomi Smart app. Check to see if this fixes the issue.
2. Unplug your Atomi Smart device and plug it back in. Check to see if this fixes the issue.
3. Unplug your router and plug it back in. Check to see if this fixes the issue.
4. Delete and reinstall the Atomi Smart app. Check to see if this fixes the issue.
Still have questions?
Create a ticket on our Support page. Our team is available to help, Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm (EST)