The Atomi Smart Plugs are brilliantly designed to make your life easier and simple to manage. Any device you plug into the Smart Plugs can be controlled through the Atomi Smart app.
Before you begin
1. Know your Wi-Fi network and password
2. Make sure your mobile device is running iOS® 8 or higher or Android™ 4.1× or higher
3. Make sure you’re connected to a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network (Atomi Smart can’t connect to 5GHz networks).
Connecting Your Device
Step 1: Download App
Download the Atomi Smart app from the App Store or Google Play and create an account. If you already have the app installed, please make sure to check for any updates as they will improve your experience with the Atomi Smart app.
Step 2: Adding Your Device
1. Select “Add Device” or click (+) at the top right corner of the devices screen.
2. Choose “Smart Plug” or “Smart Outdoor Plug” from the device list.
Step 3: Connecting to Wi-Fi
1. Enter your Wi-Fi network (2.4 GHz only) and password
2. Press ‘Continue’
Step 4: Plug In
Plug your Smart Plug into any outlet.
1. Confirm that the blue Wi-Fi indicator light is flashing on the plug. If not, press and hold the power button until the indicator light starts flashing
2. Press ‘Continue’
3. Read the instructions on your phone screen and press ‘Go to Connect’
4. On your phone’s Wi-Fi screen, select ‘atomi-smart-xxxx’
5. Once it connects, return to the Atomi Smart app and wait for the installation to be completed
For iOS: After connecting to the atomi-smart-xxxx, return to the app by pressing ‘Atomi Smart’ on the top left part of the screen, or by switching back to the Atomi Smart window
For Android: After connecting to the atomi-smart-xxxx, some devices may display a message informing that you are “Connected without internet”. Please ignore this message and return to the app by pressing the back button on the bottom navigation bar (Do not press the back button on the top left part of the screen as this will bring you bag to the ‘Settings’ page instead of the Atomi Smart app)
IMPORTANT: If you cannot see the ‘atomi-smart-xxxx’ hotspot on your Wi-Fi list, press and hold the power button again for another 10 seconds and refresh your Wi-Fi list. The ‘atomi-smart-xxxx’ network should appear after a few seconds.
NOTE: If you still cannot see the atomi-smart-xxxx on your list, you may have an older model of our smart product that will require you to press and hold the power button another time until it starts blinking slowly.
Controlling your Smart Plug
ON/OFF – Press ‘Power’ to turn ON/OFF your Smart Plug
Time – Select the time to run the schedule
Repeat – Select what days of the week to repeat the schedule
Note – Adds a note/label to the schedule
Notification – Enable to receive a notification every time the schedule runs
Switch – Select to turn ON or OFF the plug
More information about Creating Schedules is available here
You can also use automations to create additional schedules. Click here to learn more.
Sets a countdown to power OFF your Smart Plug.
Note: Make sure that the green switch is active before pressing ‘OK’.
FAQ & Troubleshooting
“Alexa, turn on [device name]”
“Alexa, turn off [device name]”
“Hey Google, turn on [device name]”
“Hey Google, turn off [device name]”
In order to successfully connect Atomi Smart devices, a 2.4GHz connection is required.
The 2.4GHz frequency waves travel further than the 5GHz. This means that if your device is in another room or far from your phone, you will have a better signal reception (compared to 5Ghz) which is essential for your smart device to function correctly and stay online.
All modern routers come with 2.4GHz and 5GHz. Depending on your router type, these bands may appear as separate WiFi networks (Example: Name-2.4GHz and Name-5GHz) or combined. If you only have one WiFi network, you should still be able to connect since the Atomi Smart app automatically finds the 2.4GHz frequency when connecting to your router.
However, if you experience any issues, please follow the points below:
– Make sure that you are connecting to a 2.4GHz network
– Keep your mobile device close to the router during connection
– If you have two SSID for your WiFi (Example: Name-2.4GHz / Name-5GHz), please temporarily disable “Auto-Join” on your Name-5GHz network)
– If you have two SSID for your WiFi, make sure that your 2.4GHz and 5GHz WiFi have different names
– If your router gives the option to disable the 5GHz network, please disable it temporarily
– Disable any VPN apps/services in order to connect successfully
– If you are having issues to connect, turn on Airplane Mode (Keep only WiFi activated when connecting your smart device)
– Make sure that you’ve entered the correct password for your 2.4GHz WiFi on the “Select 2.4GHz Wi-Fi Network” screen (Case sensitive, and make sure that there are no extra spaces)
– If you have too many devices connected to your 2.4GHz (more than 10), please turn off some of them temporarily and retry connecting your smart device to the app
– If you have a Mesh router, you may not be able to manually switch to a 2.4GHz frequency. Since this frequency travels further than the 5GHz, you can force your device to connect to it by moving your phone far from the router
– If you are still experiencing issues to connect, delete the app and reinstall it
– If the issue persists, restart your router
Make sure your Atomi Smartdevice is plugged in and the blue indicator light is blinking. If not, unplug your Atomi Smart device and plug it back in to reboot. If you still cannot see the ‘atomi-smart-xxxx’, press and hold the power button for 10 seconds. Note: For older devices, you may be required to press and hold the power button again for another 10 seconds. The atomi-smart-XXXX should appear on your network list after a few seconds.
Use your smartphone to confirm that you have at least two Wi-Fi bars in the vicinity of your Atomi Smart device. If not, move your Atomi Smart device closer to your router. (The list will refresh every 10 seconds).
Make sure you entered the correct WiFi password during the WiFi setup. Check if there are problems with your internet connection. If the WiFi signal is too weak, reset your WiFi router and try again.
Refresh the device list.
Force quit and re-launch the Atomi Smartapp.
Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds.
Wi-Fi networks come in a lot of shapes and sizes with many quirks of their own. It doesn’t mean your Atomi Smart device is malfunctioning.
If problems persist, please try these steps, in this order:
1. Force quit and re-launch the Atomi Smart app. Check to see if this fixes the issue.
2. Unplug your Atomi Smart device and plug it back in. Check to see if this fixes the issue.
3. Unplug your router and plug it back in. Check to see if this fixes the issue.
4. Delete and reinstall the Atomi Smart app. Check to see if this fixes the issue.
You can control lights, fans, humidifiers, portable heaters, and any small appliance in accordance with the Smart Plug’s specifications
1. Make sure the devices connected to the Smart Plug are turned ON.
2. Make sure your mobile device and Smart Plug are connected to the same network.
In order to connect multiple plugs with the atomi smart app you are required to create a group.
– On the atomi smart app, select one of the plugs that you’ve added
– Press the top right button (pencil icon)
– Press “Create Group” and select the plugs you want to group
– Press “Save”. You can now control all your Smart Plugs simultaneously.
Still have questions?
Create a ticket on our Support page. Our team is available to help, Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm (EST)