The atomi Smart Plugs are brilliantly designed to make your life easier and simple to manage. Any device you plug into the Smart Plugs can be controlled through the atomi smart app.
Before you begin
1. Know your Wi-Fi network and password
2. Make sure your mobile device is running iOS® 8 or higher or Android™ 4.1× or higher
3. Make sure you’re connected to a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network (atomi Smart can’t connect to 5GHz networks).
Connecting Your Device
Step 1: Download App
Download the atomi smart app from the App Store or Google Play and create an account. If you already have the app installed, please make sure to check for any updates as they will improve your experience with the atomi smart app.
Step 2: Plug In
Plug your Smart Plug into any outlet.
Step 3: Add Device
1. Confirm that the indicator light is flashing on the Smart Plug. If not, press and hold the power button for 10 seconds or unplug and plug the device again.
2. Select “Add Device” or click (+) at the top right corner of the devices screen.
3. Choose “Smart Plug” or “Smart Outdoor Plug” from the device list and press ‘Continue’.
Step 4: Connecting to Wi-Fi
1. Enter your Wi-Fi network and password. Press ‘Confirm’.
2. Press ‘Go to Connect’. On your phone’s Wi-Fi screen, select ‘atomi-smart-xxxx’
3. Once it connects, return to the atomi smart app.
4. Your device is now connected.
For iOS: After connecting to the atomi-smart-xxxx, return to the app by pressing ‘atomi smart’ on the top left part of the screen, or by switching back to the atomi smart window
For Android: After connecting to the atomi-smart-xxxx, some devices may display a message informing that you are “Connected without internet”. Please ignore this message and return to the app by pressing the back button on the bottom navigation bar (Do not press the back button on the top left part of the screen as this will bring you bag to the ‘Settings’ page instead of the atomi smart app)
IMPORTANT: If you cannot see the ‘atomi-smart-xxxx’, press and hold the power button again for another 10 seconds and refresh your Wi-Fi list. The ‘atomi-smart-xxxx’ network should appear after a few seconds.
NOTE: If you still cannot see the atomi-smart-xxxx on your list, you may have an older model of our smart product that will require you to press and hold the power button another time until it starts blinking slowly.
Controlling your Smart Plug
ON/OFF – Press ‘Power’ to turn ON/OFF your Smart Plug
Set up weekly schedules to fit your lifestyle.
Sets a countdown to power OFF your Smart Plug.
Note: Make sure that the green switch is active before pressing ‘OK’.
FAQ & Troubleshooting
Make sure your atomi smartdevice is plugged in and the blue indicator light is blinking. If not, unplug your atomi smart device and plug it back in to reboot. If you still cannot see the ‘atomi-smart-xxxx’, press and hold the power button for 10 seconds. Note: For older devices, you may be required to press and hold the power button again for another 10 seconds. The atomi-smart-XXXX should appear on your network list after a few seconds.
Use your smartphone to confirm that you have at least two Wi-Fi bars in the vicinity of your atomi smart device. If not, move your atomi smart device closer to your router. (The list will refresh every 10 seconds).
Make sure you entered the correct WiFi password during the WiFi setup. Check if there are problems with your internet connection. If the WiFi signal is too weak, reset your WiFi router and try again.
Refresh the device list.
Force quit and re-launch the atomi smartapp.
Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds.
Wi-Fi networks come in a lot of shapes and sizes with many quirks of their own. It doesn’t mean your atomi smart device is malfunctioning.
If problems persist, please try these steps, in this order:
1. Force quit and re-launch the atomi smart app. Check to see if this fixes the issue.
2. Unplug your atomi smart device and plug it back in. Check to see if this fixes the issue.
3. Unplug your router and plug it back in. Check to see if this fixes the issue.
4. Delete and reinstall the atomi smart app. Check to see if this fixes the issue.
You can control lights, fans, humidifiers, portable heaters, and any small appliance in accordance with the Smart Plug’s specifications
1. Make sure the devices connected to the Smart Plug are turned ON.
2. Make sure your mobile device and Smart Plug are connected to the same network.
In order to connect multiple plugs with the atomi smart app you are required to create a group.
– On the atomi smart app, select one of the plugs that you’ve added
– Press the top right button (pencil icon)
– Press “Create Group” and select the plugs you want to group
– Press “Save”. You can now control all your Smart Plugs simultaneously.
Still have questions?
Create a ticket on our Support page. Our team is available to help, Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm (EST)