Smart Coffee Maker with Grinder
The atomi Smart Coffee Maker with Grinder lets you brew your next cup of coffee from your phone anytime, anywhere! Set weekly schedules, turn your Smart Coffee Maker on and off automatically, and much more.
Cleaning your Smart Coffee Maker before first use
Make sure your first cup of coffee is as good as it can be by cleaning your Smart Coffee Maker before its first use. Just follow these simple steps:
1. Wash the carafe, carafe lid and the filter basket in a mixture of mild detergent and water. Rinse each throughly.
2. Run a brew cycle with water only, without adding coffee and coffee filter.
3. When brewing is complete, turn your Smart Coffee Maker off, discard the water in the carafe and rinse the carafe, lid and filter basket.
Before you begin
1. Know your Wi-Fi network and password
2. Make sure your mobile device is running iOS® 8 or higher or Android™ 4.1× or higher
3. Make sure you’re connected to a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network (atomi Smart can’t connect to 5GHz networks).
Connecting Your Device
Step 1: Download App
Download the atomi smart app from the App Store or Google Play and create an account. If you already have the app installed, please make sure to check for any updates as they will improve your experience with the atomi smart app.
Step 2: Adding Your Device
1. Select “Add Device” or click (+) at the top right corner of your device screen.
2. Select Smart Coffee Grinder Maker from the device list.
Step 3: Connecting to Wi-Fi
1. Enter your Wi-Fi network (2.4 GHz only) and password
2. Press ‘Continue’
Step 4: Plug In
Plug your Atomi Smart Coffee Maker into any standard outlet.
Step 5: Connecting Your Device
1. Confirm that the Wi-Fi icon is flashing.
If the icon is not flashing, press and hold the “coffee scoop” button for 10 seconds or unplug and plug the device again.
2. Press ‘Continue’
3. Read the instructions on your phone screen and press ‘Go to Connect’
4. On your phone’s Wi-Fi screen, select ‘atomi-smart-xxxx’
5. Once it connects, return to the Atomi Smart app and wait for the installation to be completed
iOS: After connecting to the atomi-smart-xxxx, return to the app by pressing ‘Atomi Smart’ on the top left part of the screen, or by switching back to the atomi smart window
Android: After connecting to the atomi-smart-xxxx, some devices may display a message informing that you are “Connected without internet”. Please ignore this message and return to the app by pressing the back button on the bottom navigation bar (Do not press the back button on the top left part of the screen as this may bring you back to the ‘Settings’ page instead of the Atomi Smart app)
Your device is now connected!
IMPORTANT: If you cannot see the ‘atomi-smart-xxxx’, press and hold the “coffee scoop” button again for another 10 seconds and refresh your Wi-Fi list. The ‘atomi-smart-xxxx’ network should appear after a few seconds.
Controlling your Smart Coffee Maker
Brew ON/OFF – Start brewing and stop brew.
Cups – Select number of cups to brew
Strength- Select coffee strength (Mild, Medium, Strong)
Schedule – Set a brewing schedule
Coffee Beans – Brew coffee using beans (Grinder will be activated)
Coffee Powder – Brew coffee using powder
1. Choose between “Coffee Beans” or “Coffee Powder”
2. Select the desired number of cups to brew
3. Choose the coffee Strength (Mild, Medium, Bold)
4. Select the time of the day to start brewing
5. Choose the days of the week to Repeat the schedule (if desired)
6. Turn on the “Activate Schedule” switch to activate your schedule
Press “Save Changes” to save your schedule.
Measuring your Coffee
For best results, use a level tablespoon for ground coffee measurement. Make sure you use medium grind coffee for a perfect brew.
Adding Water and Coffee beans / powder:
1 – Open the top lid of the Smart Coffee Maker.
2 – Place a 10-12 cup paper basket-style filter or the included reusable filter into the removable filter basket.
Note: If using paper filters, it is important that the sides of the filter fit flush against the side of the filter basket. If filter collapse occurs, dampen the filter before placing in the filter basket. Add the desired amount of coffee and gently shake to level the coffee.
3 – Fill the water reservoir with cold, fresh water to the desired capacity. For easy and accurate filling, the water markings on the water reservoir show the amount of water needed to make the corresponding desired number of cups. Do not fill past the “12 cup MAX line” or water will flow out of the Smart Coffee Maker.
4 – Add coffee beans / powder to your Coffee Maker
Note: The amount of coffee brewed will always be slightly less than the amount of water poured in the water reservoir. This is due to the absorption of water by the coffee grounds.
Using your Smart Coffee Maker without the Atomi Smart app
1 – Turn the Smart Coffee Maker on by pressing the POWER button once. The POWER button light will turn on to signal that the Smart Coffee Maker is on and brewing.
Note: Brew can be stopped by pressing the POWER button a second time.
2 – After the used coffee grounds have cooled, carefully remove the filter basket and discard them.
Note: The brew basket drawer is hot after brewing. Always allow the Smart Coffee Maker to cool down before cleaning.
3 – Make sure the Glass Coffee Carafe is empty and in place before starting to brew coffee.
4 – Be sure to turn your Smart Coffee Maker off when no longer using it.
Cleaning and Maintaining your Smart Coffee Maker
Daily Cleaning – Always unplug the Smart Coffee Maker and allow to cool before cleaning.
- Remove and wash the filter basket, permanent filter, carafe and carafe lid in a solution of hot water and mild liquid soap.
- Never use abrasive cleansers, steel wool pads or other abrasive materials.
- DO NOT put carafe and lid in the dishwasher.
CAUTION: Never immerse the Smart Coffee Maker itself in water, in any other liquid or place in the dishwasher.
1 – Fill the carafe with a solution of equal parts water and vinegar and let the solution stand in the carafe for approximately 20 minutes.
2. Discard the solution, then wash and rinse the carafe. Do not use harsh abrasive cleaners that may scratch the carafe.
FAQ & Troubleshooting
Make sure your atomi smartdevice is plugged in and the Wi-Fi light (or clock) is blinking. If not, unplug your Atomi Smart device and plug it back in to reboot. If you still cannot see the ‘atomi-smart-xxxx’, press and hold the “Coffee scoop” button for 10 seconds. The atomi-smart-XXXX should appear on your network list after a few seconds.
Use your smartphone to confirm that you have at least two Wi-Fi bars in the vicinity of your atomi smart device. If not, move your atomi smart device closer to your router. (The list will refresh every 10 seconds).
Make sure you entered the correct WiFi password during the WiFi setup. Check if there are problems with your internet connection. If the WiFi signal is too weak, reset your WiFi router and try again.
Refresh the device list.
Force quit and re-launch the atomi smartapp.
Press and hold the Wi-Fi button for 10 seconds.
Wi-Fi networks come in a lot of shapes and sizes with many quirks of their own. It doesn’t mean your atomi smart device is malfunctioning.
If problems persist, please try these steps, in this order:
1. Force quit and re-launch the atomi smart app. Check to see if this fixes the issue.
2. Unplug your atomi smart device and plug it back in. Check to see if this fixes the issue.
3. Unplug your router and plug it back in. Check to see if this fixes the issue.
4. Delete and reinstall the atomi smart app. Check to see if this fixes the issue.
The Smart Coffee Maker is unplugged. Plug the Smart Coffee Maker back into the wall outlet.
Yes, the atomi Smart Coffee Maker works with Alexa and Google Assistant.
1. The Smart Coffee Maker is unplugged; plug the Smart Coffee Maker back into the wall outlet.
2. There’s a power outage; wait for power to be restored.
3. The filter basket is not properly inserted; insert filter basket correctly.
4. Carafe is not placed all the way on the warming plate; place carafe correctly on warming plate.
There are no coffee beans/grounds in the machine; please add the desired amount of coffee
The filter is not properly placed in the basket. Seat the filter properly within the filter basket.
Still have questions?
Create a ticket on our Support page. Our team is available to help, Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm (EST)