Smart Ceiling Light
Beautifully and intelligently designed, the Atomi Smart LED Ceiling Light is easy to install and can be controlled remotely from your phone. It’s more than a traditional ceiling light. In addition to the main LED light, it has a tunable White/RGB mood-light band that can be tuned to over 16 million different colors.
Input: 100-240V~, 50/60Hz
Recommended dimmers with 10-100% dimming range
Assembled Dimensions: 16 x 16 x 2.36 inch 14.5 x 14.5 x 6 cm
Before you begin
1. Know your Wi-Fi network and password
2. Make sure your mobile device is running iOS® 8 or higher or Android™ 4.1× or higher
3. Make sure you’re connected to a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network (atomi Smart can’t connect to 5GHz networks).
Step 1: Turn off circuit breaker
Find your light’s control in your circuit breaker and turn it off. Then make sure the power is off by flipping your switch a few times.
Step 2: Follow the instructions below
1. Mount screws into the junction box, leaving the screws half an inch long.
2. Pass the power wire through the hole of the base, and turn it clockwise to lock the base in junction box.
3. Hang the wire rope at the hanging position of the mounting base to assist the installation.
4. Screw the LN wire L-L N-N with a screw cap.
5. Put wiring cap and wires back to the junction box.
6. Rotate the lamp body clockwise to fix the lamp on the base.
Step 3: Turn on circuit breaker
Turn on your switch’s power from the circuit breaker
Connecting Your Device
Step 1: Download App
Download the atomi smart app from the App Store or Google Play and create an account. If you already have the app installed, please make sure to check for any updates as they will improve your experience with the atomi smart app.
Step 2: Adding Your Device
1. Select “Add Device” or click (+) at the top right corner of the devices screen.
2. Select “Smart Shop Light” from the device list and press ‘Continue’.
Step 3: Connecting to Wi-Fi
1. Enter your Wi-Fi network (2.4 GHz only) and password
2. Press ‘Continue’
Step 4: Connecting Your Device
1. Turn ON your light switch power. Confirm that the light is flashing.
2. Press ‘Continue’
3. Read the instructions on your phone screen and press ‘Go to Connect’
4. On your phone’s Wi-Fi screen, select ‘atomi-smart-xxxx’
5. Once it connects, return to the Atomi Smart app and wait for the installation to be completed
iOS: After connecting to the atomi-smart-xxxx, return to the app by pressing ‘Atomi Smart’ on the top left part of the screen, or by switching back to the atomi smart window
Android: After connecting to the atomi-smart-xxxx, some devices may display a message informing that you are “Connected without internet”. Please ignore this message and return to the app by pressing the back button on the bottom navigation bar (Do not press the back button on the top left part of the screen as this may bring you back to the ‘Settings’ page instead of the Atomi Smart app)
Your device is now connected!
IMPORTANT: If you cannot see the ‘atomi-smart-xxxx’, repeat the ON-OFF steps above. Refresh your Wi-Fi list. The ‘atomi-smart-xxxx’ network should appear after a few seconds.
Controlling your Smart Ceiling Light
ON/OFF – Press ‘Power’ to turn ON/OFF your Smart Ceiling Light
Brightness – Change your Smart Ceiling Light intensity
Color Wheel – Broad spectrum of colors to create the perfect ambiance.
Slider 1 – Increase or decrease light brightness
Slider 2 – Change color saturation
Select curated color scenes based on your mood.
Animated Scene Presets
Soft – Fades in and out between 2 colors
Colorful – Cycles between preset colors (Slow)
Dazzling – Cycles between preset colors (Fast)
Gorgeous – Fades between preset colors
* You can also edit any of the available scenes by pressing the ‘Edit/Sync light’ button.
Time – Select the time to run the schedule
Repeat – Select what days of the week to repeat the schedule
Note – Receive a notification once the action occurs
Notification – Enable/Disable notification
Switch – Select to turn ON or OFF the light
1. Press the ‘Edit’ button (3 dots) at the top right corner of your screen.
2. Press ‘Create Group’, select the devices you wish to be included and press ‘Confirm’. You can now control your lights simultaneously.
FAQ & Troubleshooting
In order to successfully connect Atomi Smart devices, a 2.4GHz connection is required.
The 2.4GHz frequency waves travel further than the 5GHz. This means that if your device is in another room or far from your phone, you will have a better signal reception (compared to 5Ghz) which is essential for your smart device to function correctly and stay online.
All modern routers come with 2.4GHz and 5GHz. Depending on your router type, these bands may appear as separate WiFi networks (Example: Name-2.4GHz and Name-5GHz) or combined. If you only have one WiFi network, you should still be able to connect since the Atomi Smart app automatically finds the 2.4GHz frequency when connecting to your router.
However, if you experience any issues, please follow the points below:
– Make sure that you are connecting to a 2.4GHz network
– Keep your mobile device close to the router during connection
– If you have two SSID for your WiFi (Example: Name-2.4GHz / Name-5GHz), please temporarily disable “Auto-Join” on your Name-5GHz network)
– If you have two SSID for your WiFi, make sure that your 2.4GHz and 5GHz WiFi have different names
– If your router gives the option to disable the 5GHz network, please disable it temporarily
– Disable any VPN apps/services in order to connect successfully
– If you are having issues to connect, turn on Airplane Mode (Keep only WiFi activated when connecting your smart device)
– Make sure that you’ve entered the correct password for your 2.4GHz WiFi on the “Select 2.4GHz Wi-Fi Network” screen (Case sensitive, and make sure that there are no extra spaces)
– If you have too many devices connected to your 2.4GHz (more than 10), please turn off some of them temporarily and retry connecting your smart device to the app
– If you have a Mesh router, you may not be able to manually switch to a 2.4GHz frequency. Since this frequency travels further than the 5Ghz, you can force your device to connect to it by moving your phone far from the router
– If you are still experiencing issues to connect, delete the app and reinstall it
– If the issue persists, restart your router
Use your smartphone to confirm that you have at least two Wi-Fi bars in the vicinity of your atomi smart device. If not, move your atomi smart device closer to your router. (The list will refresh every 10 seconds).
Make sure you entered the correct WiFi password during the WiFi setup. Check if there are problems with your internet connection. If the WiFi signal is too weak, reset your WiFi router and try again.
Refresh the device list.
Force quit and re-launch the atomi smartapp.
Follow the steps below:
– Turn off the light switch
– Start with the light OFF. Then, turn ON, OFF, wait 2 seconds, ON, OFF, wait 2 seconds, ON
– Wait a few seconds, the lights should start flashing and the ‘atomi-smart-xxxx’ network should appear on your Wi-Fi list
If you still cannot see the ‘atomi-smart-xxxx’ on your Wi-Fi list, please repeat the steps above.
Still have questions?
Create a ticket on our Support page. Our team is available to help, Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm (EST)